I’m talking this week about 3 things, 3 big solutions to some prevalent problems of modern life:
- Be your authentic self.
- Live your most vigorous life.
- Eat your own personalized diet.
Today’s topic, living your most vigorous life, grows out of point one, being your authentic self. Being your authentic self doesn’t mean letting yourself get away with things. It means understanding yourself and expressing that understanding. It means being honest with yourself and holding yourself accountable. When we carry that over into the realm of physical activity, living your most vigorous life means doing the things you love and the things that most benefit you–often.
Your vigorous life is not the same as my vigorous life. We enjoy different things, have different backgrounds and aptitudes. Living vigorously for you will look different than it does for me. The activities that fill your vigorous life will be different than my activities. Nevertheless, there is a vigorous life to be lived by both of us. There are purposeful activities to fill our time with, to take pleasure in, and to gain from.
Think about the activities that fill your day. When you’re living your most vigorous life, you:
- Are excited to wake up in the morning
- Feel great about the things you’ve planned to do for the day
- Enjoy your morning activities
- Love to prepare and eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Take pleasure in your work
- Handle your responsibilities enthusiastically
- Make time for your hobbies
- Delight in time with your family & friends
- Deserve some time to relax
- Relish the opportunity to sleep at the end of the day
When you love yourself, you love your own instincts and preferences. So, do the things that inspire you and motivate you and fill you with joy. If priorities are aligned and you respect your own unique profile of abilities, goals, and delights, you can live actively and adventurously with great enjoyment that benefits every cell in your body.
2 thoughts on “Live Your Most Vigorous Life”